Investigate & report on the structures of the Chinese Language and the challenges a
Chinese speaking student faces learning English. I have included links to sources, but you may
also use your own if better suited.
This REPORT must be typed in APA format. DO NOT FORGET TO CITE & USE BIBLIOGRAPHY (Wikipedia is OKAY)!
FYI…MY FINAL PAPER WILL BE SUBMITTED THROUGH TURNITIN.COM
Report Title: An analysis of the Chinese Language and challenges to a Chinese speaker learning
English as a Second Language (ESL).
The paper to include/incorporate the following six (6) highlighted topics:
History of the language
• HISTORY OF CHINESE LANGUAGE
• Chinese language history
Classification- what family does this language belong to?
• What Language Family Does Chinese Belong To?
• Wikipedia: Chinese language
Geographic distribution – where is this language spoken?
• What Languages Are Spoken In China?
• Wikipedia: What Languages Are Spoken In China?
• Chinese speaking countries
• Chinese Language Branch
Description of: Sounds of the language (vowels, consonants, assimilation); grammar, writing
system, Describe & Write Alphabet
• Chinese: complex tones and characters, streamlined grammar
• Chinese Grammar 101: Ultimate Guide for Overwhelmed Beginners
Chinese Grammar 101: Ultimate Guide for Overwhelmed Beginners
• A Beginner-Friendly Guide To The Chinese Alphabet
• How to Write in Chinese – A Beginner’s Guide
• Wikipedia: Written Chinese
Samples of the language- Phrases & Greetings
Good morning; good afternoon, good evening,
How are you? I am fine.
Thank you; Please; You are welcome.
• Helpful Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases to Learn Before Traveling to China
• 10 Chinese Greetings That Will Make You Sound Like a Native
Explain the difficulties that Chinese