Community Assessment: Healthy People 2020
Healthy People 2020 Presentation Begin by viewing the following links which explain the basics of HP2020: https://www.healthypeople.gov/node/5840
https://www.healthypeople.gov/sites/default/files/HP2020Framework.pdf Select a Leading Health Indicator TOPIC area related to one of the weekly topics(violence and abuse; substance use; underserved populations).
Use the following link to see a list: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-LHI-Topics Create a presentation for your peers that familiarizes them with these topics.
• Succinctly summarize the “Overview and Impact” information r/t the topic. This includes any information about the importance of monitoring this topic.
• List the specific health indicators under the topic. For example, see https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-LHI-Topics (there are 1 to 4 per topic area).
• Succinctly summarize overall progress made toward meeting objectives and compare progress to IL, if those data are available.
• Describe appropriate nursing interventions/best practices relevant to the topic and its associated indicators. (Best practices are based on best evidence, so use Systematic Reviews and/or Guidelines as sources when they are available (for example, look under the “Tools and Resource” tab first).
• Note that your presentation can be rendered as a ppt presentation or poster or some other creative way. But you will need to provide a short doc as a “handout” that highlights the information you have provided for your classmates.