Community Health Problem
• My community is in Montgomery county ohio.
• Identify one health problem you believe to be the most prevalent in your community. You may
want to check with your local health department or a community health nurse. Also consider
researching the morbidity/mortality rates health problems in your community. School nurses and
are an excellent resource person to contact.
• Analyze the problem using Milio’s framework for prevention from the module 1 readings
(Chapter three in your text, pp 41). textbook, Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019).
Community/public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations. (7th ed.). Elsevier.
• Choose one of your nursing diagnoses and describe how your identified community health
• Nursing diagnosis I used
I used these diagnoses for module one. You can choose one. Thanks
Priority Community Health Nursing Diagnoses #1
Risk of high black infant mortality rate among blacks in Montgomery county in Ohio related to
prematurity-related conditions, preterm birth before 37 weeks of pregnancy has been reached,
low birth weight, respiratory distress syndrome, and neonatal hemorrhage. As evidenced by data
from Infant Vitality – Ohio Department of Health.
Priority Community Health Nursing Diagnoses #2
High risk of obesity among the population in Montgomery county in Ohio related to inactivity, not
participating in physical activities, bad eating habits, excessive alcohol consumption as
evidenced by Data presented by odh.ohio.gov.
Describe the health people 2030 national goal that relates closest to your chosen Diagnosis.
• Develop one-long term goal, minimum of three short-term goals and interventions for your
chosen diagnosis (you will be developing a teaching plan in week 3).
Goals: A goal is a final outcome of what is achieved after you provide the interventions. Goals
are broad in nature. Consider the long-term goal to be after one year and short-term goal after
six months. These are community goals and will take longer to obtain. Consider a reduction of statistics as a long-term goal as guided by the 2030 Healthy People site. Be specific and
measurable to include timeframes.
(See the examples on page 89)
Recommended headings include:
• Title Page
• Introduction (No heading needed –assure you introduced the topic of the paper with a purpose
statement) – 7 points
• Content (a total of 20 points and please use the following headings)
• Introduction of Your Community Problem/Diagnosis – 2 points
• Analysis of Problem/Diagnosis Using Milo’s Framework of Prevention – 6 points
• Compare Problem/Diagnosis to Healthy People 2030 National Goals – 6 points
• Long-Term and Short Term Goal – 8 points (2 points for long-term goal and 2 points for each of
the three short term goals with interventions)
• Conclusion (Again no heading required – use in conclusion or in summary at the beginning of
the paragraph)– 7 points
• Stylistic Points– 6 total points – APA formatting with proper word count. Proper citations with 4
references – 2 references from required course material and two peer-reviewed references. See
further criteria on rubric and underneath rubric.
Due Date: Sun, Jan 31, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two
(2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a
specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or
CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice
guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates,
Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 7th edition formatting,
citations and references. Click here to download a Microsoft Word APA template. Review this
annotated student sample paper guide which draws attention to relevant content and formatting
in 7th edition APA style. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 7th edition book as well before
submitting the assignment. Refer to the ‘LEARNER SUPPORT’ tab for more information
regarding APA 7th edition with comparisons to 6th edition.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5
pages) excluding the title and reference pages.