When you have selected your company, research and cover the following points in a well-written essay. Use APA7 format and topical headings. Here is a sample APA7 student paper to follow for title page, headings, etc. (at Purdue Owl).
1. In an introductory paragraph identify the company, the topic and a well-crafted thesis statement.
2. Briefly describe the company and the nature of its business and corporate business environment. Do not spend a lot of time on the history of the company, but do describe it sufficiently to create meaningful context. This should only need to be a paragraph.
3. Research, define and discuss the legal issues and regulatory environment for the company’s consumer issue. (i.e., What are the specific laws involved?) Include case law.
4. Ethical dilemma and two ethical frameworks: Identify the ethical dilemma that the company presents with respect to the consumer problem of the case study. This should be encapsulated in a single sentence in your paper. Evaluate two ethical frameworks with respect to the company management’s decisions that created the situation. One of these should be the ethical framework you identify as the framework the company followed or that is illustrated by its decision-making giving rise to the problem. The other framework you present and discuss is to be a contrasting ethical framework that might have produced a different situation for the company.
5. Other legal topics that relate to the company’s business: Also, clearly define and evaluate three (3) additional legal topics (NOT related to consumer protection laws) that we covered this term and that have involved this company. Suggestions are included in the above chart. (Hint: Review the legal topics in the textbook and cite to the text in your analysis. We covered many subjects. Examples: contracts, torts, product liability, bankruptcy, securities & stocks trading, employment issues, defamation, privacy, ADR, etc. Include illustrative case law.)
6. General recommendations for business leaders and managers that you have learned from this study (not just for the company you have selected, but for operating and managing a business).
8. References list
1. Reflect on the class discussions and the text, required readings, articles that you have read during the class and use the information, and other academic sources
2. Write a well-supported analytical essay critiquing the company, its operations, and the ethical dilemma it caused. Discuss the legal issues and concepts identified and make recommendations for management. LENGTH: – See RUBRIC
3. Number of sources: Exemplary level of performance states 7 sources, at least 2 of which are from Trefry library and none of which are from excluded sources (e.g. Wikipedia).
4. Proper citation and references formatting must be in APA 7th Ed.
5. Papers that do not include appropriate in-text citations will lose points.
6. Dictionaries, encyclopedias — including Investopedia — Wikis, and the like, and Internet generic quick-answer websites are not acceptable to populate your Reference list as core references. Use your text, required readings, and other scholarly sources.
7. Review the Grading Rubric.
8. Organize your paper with appropriate subheadings per APA formatting.
9. Avoid contractions and chatty informal language. This is a professional paper.
10. Statements in your text must be supported with citations to the sources on your References list.
11. All sources on the References list must be correctly cited per APA7 in the text of the paper and vice versa.
12. Length. Per the rubric, the Exemplary level is 2500-3200 words. Length excludes the title page, references, abstract.
13. An abstract is NOT required.
14. Please proofread! Use aids that will help you — examples are spellcheck, Grammarly, reading your paper aloud, having someone else read it too, etc.