National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners NAPNAP Presentation Speech
- Attention Getter/Hook- Get audience attention
- Credibility: Why are you a credible speaker on this topic? What is your connection?
- Thesis and preview: What is your position statement (for or against something) and summarize 4 points (4 Points are: Initiatives, Publications
Professional Development, Collegiality)
- Transition to Body (one sentence)
Please incorporate this in formation in the introduction:
History and background of the organization: Include mission and vision: Membership: Who are members? Requirements to be a member. Benefits of membership.
- Mission: defines the purpose or current state of an organization. It identifies why the organization exists and what it is doing to achieve its vision.
- Vision: what an organization hopes to achieve in the future, perhaps in the next 5-10 years