Nursing Teaching Project
Innovative Health Promotion/Aggregate Teaching Project
The Health Promotion/Aggregate Teaching Project should reflect the ability to integrate concepts
and principles of community health nursing in planning interventions for a community/aggregate
group. This assignment focuses on the role of the professional nurse in promoting the health of
communities and aggregate populations.
• Community Location
• Norwalk Health Department
• Norwalk, CT 06851
• Aggregated group: Sexual transmitted Diseases
• Leading health indicators: Knowledge of serostatus among HIV-positive persons (HIV-13)
1. Visit Healthy People 2020 website (Link (Links to an external site.)), then click on “Leading Health Indicators” and select a health indicator. This is related to your aggregate group.
2. Using your community assessment data for your community/aggregate group, determine
where improvements to health could be made. Based on assessment data that you gathered,
select one health indicator appropriate for your aggregate that is amenable to an intervention.
3. Describe the environment, psycho-social and cultural needs of the aggregate group from an
epidemiological approach. What are the incidence and prevalence rates of the aggregate group?
What is the health status of the aggregate group? Please explain in detail.
4. Develop and Implement a teaching plan for your selected community/aggregate group.
5. Develop a plan with at least three proposed interventions to assist members of the aggregate
to make improvements in one of the identified “Health Indicators” areas.. One of the proposed
interventions must be a teaching-learning strategy.
6. Create the teaching plan for your selected community/aggregate. The teaching-learning plan
will include the following elements (use a column format presentation of the material).
• Learner outcomes are stated in measurable terms.
• Content is based on projected learner outcomes.
• Teaching/Learning activities or strategies that would be used including audiovisuals, support
materials, and handouts (provide examples).
• Time Frame: Provide the estimated time required to teach material related to each outcome.
• Evaluation: Provide the evaluation method used to measure the outcomes of the
• Use the Teaching plan grid to create and submit your teaching plan.
• Reference page- Minimum of 3 references. APA formate
• Please include original article separately.
These is the example of interventions
Expected Learner Outcomes
Expected Learning Objectives (ELO) or Outcomes Content Teaching/Learning Activities
or strategies Time Allotment Evaluation Plan
1. Prenatal women will be able to recognize hospital identification safety features by the end of
the teaching session