Patient-centered care traumatic brain injury care report
Write a 4 page evidence-based patient-centered care report on the patient scenario presented in the Evidence-Based Health Evaluation and Application media piece. Base your report on the information provided by the traumatic brain injury expert from the population health improvement initiative (PHII) described in the media activity and your own evidence-based research on this population health issue.
In this assessment, you will apply evidence-based practice in patient-centered care and population health improvement contexts. You will be challenged to think critically, evaluate what the evidence suggests is an appropriate approach for a personalized patient care plan, and determine which aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply evidence-based practice to plan patient-centered care.
- Evaluate the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative.
- Develop a personalized patient care plan that incorporates lessons learned from a population health improvement initiative.
- Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
- Propose a strategy for improving the outcomes of a population health improvement initiative, or for ensuring that all outcomes are being addressed, based on the best available evidence.
- Competency 3: Evaluate outcomes of evidence-based interventions.
- Propose an evaluation strategy for the outcomes of personalized patient care plan and determine what aspects of the approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
- Competency 4: Evaluate the value and relative weight of available evidence upon which to make a clinical decision.
- Identify the level of evidence and describe the value and relevance it brings to personalized care for your patient.
- Competency 5: Synthesize evidence-based practice and academic research to communicate effective solutions.
- Write clearly and logically, with correct grammar and mechanics.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
The charge nurse in your clinic has contacted you to assume primary care for a patient and develop a plan for follow-up care. The plan should be personalized for him based on evidence-based research provided by a community expert as well as your own research on the condition. You will also be challenged to determine which aspects of the traumatic brain injury (TBI) approach could be applied to similar situations and patients.
You are a nurse who has been requested to provide primary patient care, including a follow-up care plan. You will revisit the interview with the community TBI expert and prepare a personalized health plan for the patient.
- Review the Assessment Case Study: Traumatic Brain Injury Care Report media activity.
- Review relevant evidence-based research from 3-5 additional scholarly or professional sources about traumatic head injuries to support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans.
- The following requirements correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so be sure to address each point:
- Evaluate the expected outcomes of the population health improvement initiative (PHII) that the community expert reported based on data.
- Describe the outcomes that were achieved, their positive effects on the community’s health, and any variance across demographic groups.
- Describe the outcomes that were not achieved, the extent to which they fell short of expectations and any variance across demographic groups.
- Identify the factors (for example: institutional, community, environmental, resources, communication) that may have contributed to any achievement shortfalls.
- Propose a strategy for improving the outcomes of the PHII for traumatic head injuries.
- Describe the corrective measures you would take in the PHII to address the factors that may have contributed to achievement shortfalls.
- Cite the evidence (from similar projects, research, or professional organization resources) that supports the corrective measures you are proposing.
- Explain how the evidence illustrates the likelihood of improved outcomes if your proposed strategy is enacted.
- Develop a personalized patient care plan for the patient from the scenario that incorporates lessons learned from the PHII outcomes.
- Identify a personalized care approach that addresses the patient’s:
- Individual health needs.
- Economic and environmental realities.
- Culture and family.
- Explain how the lessons learned from the PHII informed the decisions you made in your personalized care plan for the patient.
- Incorporate references to the best available evidence from the population health improvement initiative and other relevant sources.
- Identify the level of evidence and describe the value it brings to personalize care for your patient.
- Identify the level of evidence for each resource you referenced.
- Explain why each piece of evidence is valuable and appropriate for the community health issue you are trying to address and for the unique situation of your patient and his family.
- Propose an evaluation strategy to assess the outcomes of your personalized care approach.
- Identify measurable criteria that are relevant to your desired outcomes.
- Explain why the criteria are appropriate and useful measures of success.
- Determine the specific aspects of your approach that are most likely to be transferable to other individual cases.
- Organization: Use the following headings for your Traumatic Brain Injury Care Report:
- Evaluation of Population Health Improvement Initiative (PHII) Outcomes.
- Strategies for Improving PHII Outcomes.
- Personalized Evidence-Based Patient Care Plan.
- Analysis of Evidence.
- Evaluation Strategy for Personalized Care Approach Outcomes.
- Application for Other Cases.
- Length: Your recommended plan will be 4 double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- APA Format: Your title and reference pages must adhere to current APA format and style guidelines. The body of your paper does not need to conform to APA guidelines. Do make sure that it is clear, persuasive, organized, and well written, without grammatical, punctuation, or spelling errors. You also must cite your sources according to APA guidelines.