MGMT 5063 ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE and DEVELOPMENT REFLECTION
MGMT 5063 – ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE & DEVELOPMENT REFLECTION
A. Facilitation Reflection (approximately 1/2 to 1 page maximum double spaced)
Please reflect on your entire facilitation experience from planning to presentation and
Please reflect on your entire facilitation experience from planning to presentation and feedback.
1. Planning – Did it go well and is there anything you would have changed? Briefly answer (unless you feel you need more depth).
2. Support – Do you feel you had enough support and resources to complete this task well? Please explain briefly.
a. Considering the presentation as a whole (entire group), list the aspects that you think went well, along with anything you would change if you were to
facilitate a lesson again, and explain why.
b. Considering your portion of the presentation, list the aspects that you think went well, along with anything you would change if you were to facilitate a
lesson again, and explain why.
4. Experience – What did you learn? Do you believe the experience is relevant for an Organizational Change and Development course, and do you feel that
building your facilitation skills will be of benefit in your career and life going forward? Would you like to facilitate again (in this course, or only in another
course)? Please reflect and explain.
5. Advice – What is one piece of advice you would offer other student facilitators (in this class specifically, or in general)?
6. Feedback – Do you feel there were enough marks allocated for the work involved as a facilitator, and do you have any other comments or suggestions for
improvement of this assignment? Honest feedback is welcome, even if it’s tough feedback. 🙂
B. Participation Reflection (approximately 1/2 to 1 page maximum double spaced)
Please reflect on your experience as a participant in modules 4 through 9 (Chapters 6-10).
1. How do you feel your fellow students did (on the whole) as facilitators? Are there any lessons, tools, assignments or techniques that really stood out to
you, and that increased your interest and engagement? Was there anything that really didn’t work for you as a learner, and why? Please explain and provide
examples where possible.
2. Do you believe your learning (course content) was increased, decreased or about the same as it would have been if all modules had been delivered by a
professor, and why?
3. Please explain what you learned about facilitation as a participant that will assist you as you teach others in the future, whether in a formal OD position or
general professional life, as well as in your personal life if applicable.
4. Did you generally “attend” the sessions live or watch the recordings (or maybe a mix)? You do not need to explain why.
5. Do you feel there were enough marks allocated for the work involved as a participant (for each portion: feedback, TQs and assignments), and do you have
any comments or suggestions for improvement of the participation aspect of this assignment. Again, tough feedback is welcome. 🙂
C. OD Capabilities & Your Future (approximately 2 to 4 pages maximum double-spaced)
What are your goals for the future, and do you believe this course has better prepared you for upcoming roles (personal or professional)?
Please see the following headings in Chapter 12, and provide a reflective assessment on your OD capabilities in the following areas. Be sure to include
course content (with citations) as to whether or not your skills and abilities will be beneficial in your career.
1. Digital Fluency
4. Creativity and Curiosity
D. Comments/Suggestions/Advice (at least three sentences, but you can keep this simple)
1. What comments do you have on the course as a whole, and regarding your learning over the term. It’s fine to refer me to comments you have made above.
Please let me know what worked for you, what did not work, and offer any suggestions for improvement to the sessions, materials, layout, etc.
2. Please let me know if you think the course would work well if the Learning Organization portion of the class was completed first, before going through the
OD and Change portion – in other words, if you have enough background to start with the Learning Organization in order to bump facilitating/participating
until after the break.
A. Facilitation Reflection 20
B. Participation Reflection 20
C. OD Capabilities 50
D. Comments/Suggestions/Advice 5